Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Saying goodbye is so hard to do...

...especially when you leave a family you love so much for such a long stretch... 
After 24 hours of ADHD-like behavior of racing around trying to pack, house/yardwork, finish off a few of the little projects that would go unchecked for 11 days, play with the kids and make sure as much is done as possible for my wife (which I will never be able to do enough for in taking over the helm while I'm away), I am sitting at Logan Airport awaiting my flight.  Phew...  After driving down to MA from VT during the afternoon, I met a good friend of mine at his house in Framingham where he let me park my car and then drove me to the airport.   (Bill - Thanks!) 

Car is packed -- all that's left are the goodbye kisses!
My daughter is looking forward to having an empty garage bay to draw her hopscotch squares.  She has her chalk in hand (and on her face & legs) and she is ready to go!

Weather in Boston is 60s and rainy which is what the folks from Extreme Iceland told me to expect when I arrive on Thursday AM.  I never like red-eye flights since it is so hard to get a good night's sleep, but it reduced the amount of time away from home and it will give me a full day in Reykjavik.  After dinner at the airport club and a copy of Frommer's Iceland in hand, I am ready to go...

Wish me luck on my flight and more to come starting tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris! Excited to hear about your journey the next few days! We'll keep track while we are at our class... good luck with the race tonight! Aimee

    ReplyDelete